Wednesday, 28 October 2009

Cancer treatment - Phase 3: Waiting

So I'm at home now, with a supply of night bags for my 'travel catheter', a massively swollen right leg and the prospect of another week before I find out exactly what it is that's causing me all this grief. After that I'll find out whether it's chemo or radiotherapy that awaits me, and how long I'll have to undergo said treatment. I'm under the care of the district nurses who are going to deliver me codeine and further spare catheter stuff as well as make sure I'm ok at regular intervals. At least I can have a bit of almost normality for a while, and I can't go back to work, so all I can do is watch TJ Hooker on Quest, write more music, play with my boy (not too rough) fuss the cat and finally cuddle up to my wife - heaven.

So far, all my care by NHS staff has been wonderful. Nurses on Monnow Ward at Hereford Hospital - you are brilliant!

Anyway, the tests show that there are no more lumps lurking anywhere in my body, so I remain hugely positive that I can get this bastard disease beaten , especially if it is confirmed to be a lymphoma as success rates for people my age are almost 100% (did I already mention that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment